Episode 02: Top 5-Reasons My Website Sucks
Creating your own remodeling website may seem a little daunting, especially when you have no experience. Your first instinct will be to look at other websites so you can make yours similar.
The goal should be to not be like other contractors. Most remodelers in your area probably use the same contractors and pickup trucks and supplies etc. You need to be able to differentiate yourself from your competitors on your website.
You may think your website sucks because it is not according to the blueprint that you have seen but isn’t that the point? It’s what you say and how you say it with the images that you include on your website that will inspire creative thinkers that are looking for something unique. Remember, the beautiful thing about websites is that they are not brick and mortar. You can do whatever you think will be successful. Put your site in the water and see if it floats.
In this episode, we talk about…
- Being able to know what you do as soon as customers look at your website
- Letting the images speak for your work
- Search engine optimization
- Needing to be compatible with iPhones and tablets
- What platforms are best to use when creating a website
- Characteristics of an inefficient website-building platform
- Having a fancy gallery and photo section of past projects
- Scott’s story
Links to resources:
For more information about finding the right remodeler, check out Plumb Kendall Solutions.