Episode 04: Tile & Stone
BJ04: Trade Partner Tuesday - Tile & Stone with Dan Lambert
If you need a tile setter, Dan is the guy you need and has the credentials that you want. Today we’ve got Dan Lambert from Lambert Tile & Stone in the house to talk tile and stone. Dan is a member of the National Tile Contractors Association (NTCA) which is a diverse group of people throughout the tile industry such as attorneys, forensic experts, and manufacturers. Dan’s company is 1 of only 57 5-star contractors with the NTCA.
On top of all of that, Dan is 1 of about 1800 installers in all of the United States that are certified through the Ceramic Tile Education Foundation. This guy knows what he is doing. That being said, Dan is here to answer all of your tile and stone questions. Remember, just because you can do a project yourself doesn’t mean you should. Hire a professional.
In this episode, we talk about…
- Dan’s credentials and story
- The problems with DIY projects
- Current methods and standards in the TCNA handbook
- Trade partners vs. subcontractors
- Should you care about the differences between porcelain and ceramic?
- Waterproof vs. water resistant
- When is it okay to use mastic?
- Correct use of the thin-set method
- What you need to be aware of when using large-format tiles
- Why flood-testing is necessary
- Aspects and calculations of heated-tile floors
- Using different sealers and grouts
- How to prevent failure points when dealing with change of plane, lighting
Links to resources:
Ceramic Tile Education Foundation
National Tile Contractors Association